The “Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension” programme enables fully vaccinated international travellers to reduce the mandatory stay in Phuket from 14 to 7 days, after which another 7 nights can be spent in any of the extension areas in Krabi (Ko Phi Phi, Ko Ngai, or Railay), Phang-Nga (Khao Lak or Ko Yao), or Surat Thani (Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, or Ko Tao).
Preparing for Travel
- A passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Have been in countries/territories approved by Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for 21 days or more.
- Been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or the World Health Organisation (WHO). Those who have recovered from COVID-19 also need to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel.
- Have booked and purchased return air travel.
- Have booked and paid for accommodation for no less than 14 nights that includes at least 7 nights in Phuket at a SHA Plus hotel.
- Have booked and paid for RT-PCR tests that cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand via www.thailandpsas.com.
- Have purchased medical insurance with COVID-19 treatment coverage of at least US$100,000.
- Have tested negative for COVID-19 with a laboratory result by an RT-PCR method no longer than 72 hours before travel.
For more information : https://www.tatnews.org/2021/08/phuket-sandbox-7-7-extension-faqs/